Many people would like to lose weight. Here are my tips on losing weight (consult with your doctor if you are on medications, as you may have to be weaned off them if you stay on this plan):
1. Focus 100% on a Whole Foods, Plant-Based lifestyle diet for 3 weeks. The diet IS the Recipe! Do not worry if you feel bad for a few days - you’ll be detoxifying your system.
2. Google Whole Foods, Plant-Based. (YouTube videos will help!) Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. McDougall, Dr. Barnard, Dr Gregor, Dr. Klaper
3. Clean up your environment. Get rid of junk and make a list of what you will need: Grains like Oats and Brown Rice, Beans, Peas and Lentils, Potatoes, Corn, Squashes, whole grain pasta. These are the main components of your meals for this weight-loss, feel-good experiment. Veggies, Fruits & Herbs too!
4. Get a buddy or supporter. (I can be your coach for a fee: e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Get honest about what you are putting in your mouth. Anyone who really does this honestly… it works.
6. Don’t beat yourself up if you slip. Just learn from it and move on.
7. Plan, Plan, Plan and keep watching the videos from the doctors mentioned above.
8. Shop - and don’t say it’s expensive, because big bags of brown rice and beans are cheap. Add frozen veggies and salsa, and you can feed yourself for dollars a day.
9. Chop, cook and pack meals and snacks. This lifestyle will take extra time in the beginning.
10. Enjoy delicious, nutritionally packed meals (after your tastebuds adjust) that will give you more energy, weight loss, better mood, better sleep, clearer arteries, stronger immune systems etc.