Cauliflower contains cancer-fighting compounds called glucosinolates and it’s abundant in vitamin C amongst many other antioxidants and phytochemicals. Check for colorful heirloom varieties, which will have bonus body-healthy vitamins.
1) When cooked and blended, cauliflower makes a velvety smooth sauce! Add additional seasonings and use for a pasta sauce, a dip, to thicken soup or stew, as a topping for potatoes, veggies, etc.
2) Try using Cauliflower in place of half the pasta in plant-based mac and cheese
3) Toss steamed cauliflower with buffalo sauce and dip in a vegan blue cheese for a delicious snack
4) Puree with non-sweet milk and seasonings of choice for a twist on mashed potatoes
5) Pulse in food processor to get a rice-like size, then use.... like rice!
6) Riced cauliflower plus flax, cornstarch, vegan parmesan or almond flour and seasonings = pizza crust!!
7) Blend with cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and lemon juice for a great alfredo sauce
8) Cauliflower roasts & steaks with mushroom gravy = elegant dinner fare